Recipe by charlie #5
Try serving with my Cucumber Raita (recipe 296922). I think would be yummy served with some lettuce and raita in a split pita. From a book called "Mediterranean". Prep time doesn't include soaking time.
- 3⁄4 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak overnight.
- Drain the chickpeas and cover with new water in a pan. Rapidly boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until soft. Drain.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor with the onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander and baking powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Process until a firm paste.
- Shape into walnut-size balls and flatten slightly. In deep pan, heat 2" oil until a little mixture sizzles on the surface when added. Fry the falafel in batches until golden. Drain on paper towels and keep hot. Serve warm.