Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was looking for a falafel recipe that used canned chickpeas.
- 425 g chickpeas
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To make falafels, place chickpeas in a food processor and process until roughly chopped.
- Place chopped chickpeas in a bowl with remaining falafel ingredients, except oil.
- Mix well.
- Form tablespoons of mixture into patties and coat with flour.
- Heat oil in a frypan and cook patties until golden brown.
So easy and yummy. None of the dry box mix stuff anymore. I just throw the flour in with the chickpea mixture, combine it and use a scoop to form the falafel. I did reduce the amount of flour to 1/4 cup; I deep fried them and they turned out perfect!