Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Arabic fava bean and chickpea fritter.
- 1 cup dried fava beans (ful)
- 1 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 cup parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for deep frying)
- tahini sauce
- Cover beans with water and soak over night, 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain the beans and run through a meat grinder or food processor.
- Combine ground beans, spices and baking powder and mix well.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls and flatten.
- Deep fry at 350°F until brown and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain and serve with tahini sauce.