Recipe by Schnecke
Came up with these one night, when we had feta & Morningstar Farms faux bacon to use up. The fake bacon wasn't much on its own, but in this recipe, we got all the yummy bacony flavor with none of the guilt. Once again adapting mom's home cooking for a sustainable planet. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells (you may not use all of them)
- 1 (32 ounce) jarsweet pepper and onion spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 -8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 ounces vegetarian bacon, diced (about 1/2 package)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the shells until al dente & set aside.
- Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with sweet pepper and onion spaghetti sauce.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture into shells. Place open-side down in casserole.
- Cover will sauce & bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.