1/1 Photo of Faking It Monte Cristo Sandwich
This is from the April 2007 issue of Real Simple magazine. The recipe capitalizes on the convenience of frozen French toast to create this rich and decadent classic sandwich. I like my Monte Cristos served with a little cup of raspberry preserves to dip or spread on each bite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spread the mustard on the (still frozen) French toast.
- 3Divide the ham and turkey evenly among 6 pieces of toast and top with 2 slices of cheese.
- 4Top with remaining 6 slices of toast to sandwich together.
- 5Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich.
- 7Cook each sandwich in the skillet until brown, 2 minutes per side.
- 8Transfer to a baking sheet.
- 9Bake until the cheese is melted and the toast is heated through, about 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Faking It Monte Cristo Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.0
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 1029.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen French toast