I can't remember who gave me this years ago, but I have made it many, many times in its different guises
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb potato, peeled and chopped into 2 inch chunks
- 1 lb leek, trimmed and all the white part and some of the green sliced into 2 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chunked
- 2 ounces butter
- 1/2 pint water
- 3/4 pint vegetable stock (Cube will do) or 3/4 pint chicken stock (Cube will do)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh chives or 1 bunch dried chives, would do, for garnish
- 1Put potatoes, leeks, onion, butter and the half-pint of water in a large microwaveable bowl.
- 2Cover and microwave on high for 20 minutes.
- 3Have the hot stock ready and add to the cooked vegetables.
- 4Cook for a further 5 minutes, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Blend till smooth in blender.
- 7This recipe is a real work-horse; you can ring the changes using other vegetables, like celery, carrot, etc.
- 8Just use them instead of the leeks and you'll have'cream of celery','cream of carrot'whatever.
- 9You can make it part-chunky or smooth in the blender.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fake Vichyssoise (Or Cream of Leek and Potato Soup - No Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (1128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 137.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.9 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: