Recipe by CCLady
This is so easy to prepare - and it tastes so good!
Top Review by ~Bekah~
Wonderful. Perfectly wonderful. I have made whole chickens in my crockpot before, and they taste great, but this is so much better. I think it is because the bird doesn't "stew" in its own juices since it is raised up by the foil. Before, the meat would fall off the bone, and the bones would actually break apart making taking it out of the pot a bit of a challange. But with this recipe, it held together, and I was able to CUT the meat! It was like thanksgiving! I placed the onion in the cavity, and also put some slices under the skin, and for spices I used rosemary, tarragon, paprika and garlic salt. It was perfect!!! Thanks so much for sharing! BTW, my mom was visiting last night when we had this, she had never thought of cooking chicken this way. She was talking this morning about how she could cook 2 birds in her huge crockpot this way and freeze one of them. You made her a believer too!
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1 small lemon (optional)
- tarragon or rosemary or your favorite herbs
- soy sauce, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Form six pieces of aluminum foil into balls the size of a golf-ball and place in the pot.
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly inside and out.
- Rub your favorite seasonings both inside and out.
- (I usually include a little soy for color.) Poke holes in the lemon and insert it in the cavity.
- Insert the onion in the cavity.
- Place the chicken on top of the foil.
- Add nothing else.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.