Recipe by cervantesbrandi
This is sure to please any avid potato salad lover. I miss going fishing and enjoying a good potato salad and sandwich lunch by the lake but now, I dont have to miss it at all.
Top Review by sher440
Thank you thank you thank you! I was doubtful, but in this low carb state a person will try ANYTHING to get away from meat and cheese...and we actually thought we had potato salad for dinner tonight! I made it like I make my own but substituting the rutabaga for potatoes and IT WORKED! Hubby and I ate the whole bowl for dinner and I had to swear to go shopping for another rutabaga tomorrow! (I promised I'd try to fry one next)Thanks so much for this great idea..I have wandered off the well worn path for new ideas and am so glad to have found this! Thanks again!!
- 2 medium sized rutabagas (peeled and cubed)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not low fat)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 small onion (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cubed rutabaga in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue boiling on medium high heat for 15 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork.
- Drain rutabagas and set aside to cool. In a seperate bowl, mix all of the rest of the ingredients together.
- Add 3/4 of the rutabagas to the bowl of the mayo mixture.
- Mash the remaining 1/4 of the rutabagas with a fork or potato masher and fold into the salad.
- Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes.