Recipe by bmcnichol
One of my favorite side dishes when I was doing low carb. This is something we still enjoy. This recipe is very versitale. I have used bacon bits instead of bacon, added some butter and sour cream. Let your imagination go wild. This also freezes nicely and is easily doubled.
Top Review by amberson78
Due to food allergies, I modified this to use soy-based "Better than Cream Cheese," 1/2c of Daiya dairy-free cheddar, turkey bacon and added minced green onion for a loaded baked potato flavor. Used fresh cauli too. It was delicious!! Brought it to Thanksgiving, where non-allergy family members devoured it, thinking they were mashed potatoes. Thank you for the awesome recipe!
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 8 ounces cream cheese with chives, softened
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon, slices fried and broken into small pieces
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave cauliflower until soft (or cook on stove top- I find it easier in the microwave).
- Drain and mash.
- Add softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and bacon.
- Put mixture into sprayed 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
- Eat or cool and freeze.
- To freeze place pan in freezer bag or cover with foil.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge.
- Warm in 350 oven 15-20 minutes or in the microwave 8-10 minutes.