Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite side dishes when I was doing low carb. This is something we still enjoy. This recipe is very versitale. I have used bacon bits instead of bacon, added some butter and sour cream. Let your imagination go wild. This also freezes nicely and is easily doubled.
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 8 ounces cream cheese with chives, softened
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon, slices fried and broken into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- Microwave cauliflower until soft (or cook on stove top- I find it easier in the microwave).
- Drain and mash.
- Add softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and bacon.
- Put mixture into sprayed 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
- Eat or cool and freeze.
- To freeze place pan in freezer bag or cover with foil.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge.
- Warm in 350 oven 15-20 minutes or in the microwave 8-10 minutes.
Due to food allergies, I modified this to use soy-based "Better than Cream Cheese," 1/2c of Daiya dairy-free cheddar, turkey bacon and added minced green onion for a loaded baked potato flavor. Used fresh cauli too. It was delicious!! Brought it to Thanksgiving, where non-allergy family members devoured it, thinking they were mashed potatoes. Thank you for the awesome recipe!
This tastes just like a twice baked potato. You'd never know it was cauliflower. I love cauliflower, and this is a great way to serve it to those who don't. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for TYM Tag.