Recipe by Jodi Consoli
This is a variation of Annies Low-carb No Flour Pancakes found on Lowcarbfriends.com. Annies recipe calls for 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, but as I rarely have cottage cheese on hand, I have used both sour cream and low-carb yogurt. If you use flavored yogurt, you don't need to top your pancakes with anything. I make the whole batch at once and keep any left overs in the fridge so I can just grab them for a quick snack, either plain or with a slice of cheese.
Top Review by Fit2bthaifan
My whole family LOVED them! I used cottage cheese, and also added vanilla and cinnamon to the mix. We rolled them up with cream cheese and diced fruit! Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
- 6 egg whites (the flavor is not so good if you use yolks too)
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Grease a pan, even if it is non-stick, this is a sticky recipe.
- Pour batter onto hot pan until you have a circle of batter that is the size you want the pancake to be.
- When the batter starts to bubble a bit and the edges look a little dry, flip the pancake.
- Cook the other side until it is golden brown- about 30 seconds.
- Serve warm for breakfast or as a chilled snack.