Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a variation of Annies Low-carb No Flour Pancakes found on Lowcarbfriends.com. Annies recipe calls for 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, but as I rarely have cottage cheese on hand, I have used both sour cream and low-carb yogurt. If you use flavored yogurt, you don't need to top your pancakes with anything. I make the whole batch at once and keep any left overs in the fridge so I can just grab them for a quick snack, either plain or with a slice of cheese.
- 6 egg whites (the flavor is not so good if you use yolks too)
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Grease a pan, even if it is non-stick, this is a sticky recipe.
- Pour batter onto hot pan until you have a circle of batter that is the size you want the pancake to be.
- When the batter starts to bubble a bit and the edges look a little dry, flip the pancake.
- Cook the other side until it is golden brown- about 30 seconds.
- Serve warm for breakfast or as a chilled snack.
My whole family LOVED them! I used cottage cheese, and also added vanilla and cinnamon to the mix. We rolled them up with cream cheese and diced fruit! Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Decent pancake though very eggy. After making a few like this I added 2 tbsp. of canned pumpkin and 1/8 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. Added a little flavor. Very thin batter but a reasonable breakfast addition. Thanks.