Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We had dinner witha vegan friend one night and for the kids she made these nuggets. not only did the kids love them, but I couldn't stop eating them.. You'd never guess they were Vegan
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Whisk together the soymilk, mustard, nutritional yeast and spices until smooth in a wide bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Coat each piece of tofu with soymilk and mustard mixture first, then coat with bread crumbs. Fry in oil until golden brown, serve with ketchup, barbeque sauce or other dipping sauce and.
Very tasty! I also froze/thawed/pressed my tofu. I also subbed half oregano, half thyme for the parsley and added 1/2 tsp of "chicken" broth powder. The spices as listed are delicious! I will be making this again! I'll cut the tofu into smaller pieces if I make this for non-tofu lovers so the nuggets are more crispy. Thanks for sharing!
WOW! So delicious! I froze, defrosted and pressed my tofu until about dry. I also used fresh parsley and fresh crushed garlic instead of powdered.
These were really good! Everyone in the house liked them, and we aren't vegan either! Next time I'll press the tofu on paper towel to get a little more liquid out. Used panko instead of regular breadcrumbs because most store bought breadcrumbs contain milk. Thanks GingerlyJ!