Recipe by Stacky5
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I've tweaked it a bit to my own liking. It's so simple, yet so flavorful, that it's become one of our absolute favorites in our list of "easy after-work recipes!" My kids think I'm a real down-home cook whenever I make this! LOL! NOTE: Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by dana01
I made this recipe using chicken breast fillets and used fat free ranch dressing. Crisp and moist! I love ranch dressing so I tried dipping the chicken in it as I ate, it was absolutely wonderful. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, prepared
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cleaned and dried chicken pieces in a large flat glass dish, dredge each piece in the ranch dressing, cover dish with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 450°.
- Coat 9 x 13 inch baking sheet (or glass baking dish) with Pam.
- Mix potato flakes, paprika, parsley flakes and garlic powder in a flat dish.
- Remove marinated chicken pieces from ranch marinade, then roll in potato flake mixture, coating thoroughly.
- Arrange on baking sheet, then salt and pepper to taste.
- IMPORTANT: Turn down oven to 350°.
- Bake approximately 35-45 minutes, or until the juices run clear when chicken pieces are pierced with a fork and the crust looks golden brown.