Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Those of us who are on low-carb diets like Somersizing and Atkins can really get cravings for mashed potatoes. This seems to do the trick.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up into florets
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Steam the cauliflower until tender.
- I prefer to do this in the microwave. Drain well.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in the food processor or mixer.
- Do not put it in a blender, it doesn't give it the right consistency.
- Pulse slowly adding only a little of the cream, butter and sour cream at a time.
- Watch out that it doesn't get too runny.
- Add the garlic and salt and pepper.
- Keep mixing until smooth.
I made this in the food processor and it came out too runny, so I will use the mixer next time. I also doubled this recipe and froze half of it. The frozen batch tasted even better than the first batch. This is a great recipe!!!!
For cauliflower lovers (greater than broccoli) and Dr Atkins' hopefuls this is a tasty dish. Second time I chopped the hot cauliflower coarsly and mixed it up with cream cheese, a little bit of sour cream but no heavy cream. Thanks Mirj! Rachelle Kerner (see my new posting-today- Rich Scrambled Eggs).
Wonderfully deceptive! I steamed 2 cauliflower heads, omitted the cream and only added salt, pepper, 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream and 1 tbs. butter! Thanks!