Recipe by Mirj
Those of us who are on low-carb diets like Somersizing and Atkins can really get cravings for mashed potatoes. This seems to do the trick.
Top Review by Smokey Garguillo
I made this in the food processor and it came out too runny, so I will use the mixer next time. I also doubled this recipe and froze half of it. The frozen batch tasted even better than the first batch. This is a great recipe!!!!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up into florets
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the cauliflower until tender.
- I prefer to do this in the microwave. Drain well.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in the food processor or mixer.
- Do not put it in a blender, it doesn't give it the right consistency.
- Pulse slowly adding only a little of the cream, butter and sour cream at a time.
- Watch out that it doesn't get too runny.
- Add the garlic and salt and pepper.
- Keep mixing until smooth.