1/2 Photos of Fake Crab Salad Sandwiches
This recipe uses those fake crabmeat "sealegs" you find in the grocery store. I can hear the purists out there groaning already. Fake crab is actually made with real fish, but seasoned to taste like crab. My daughter has a particular fondness for sealegs, and this is one of my favorite ways of preparing it for her. I don't think fake crab tastes much like real crab at all and highly recommend you do give real crab a try sometime. But for those times when you don't have any real crab, why not give this a try? It doesn't matter if you use "flake style" or "chunks" or "legs" in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g package imitation crabmeat
- 118.29 ml Miracle Whip (regular or light) or 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml red onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 other soft rolls
- 4 large lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1Drop fake crab into a food processor (or one of those hand crank food processing bowls) and pulse just a few seconds- to break up the crab into small chunks (don't go overboard).
- 2Add Miracle Whip and pulse (or hand crank) another couple of seconds until crab is minced and all is blended.
- 3Stir in finely chopped celery and red onion (do this by hand or you will end up with mush).
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 5Serve on a soft bun with lettuce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fake Crab Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.4
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 967.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g