Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is from The Juicing Bible.
Make and share this Fake Coffee (Coffee Substitute) recipe from Food.com.
- 8 fresh dandelion root, chopped
- 6 fresh burdock root, roots chopped
- 4 fresh chicory lettuce, roots chopped
- cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 cup fresh licorice (do not use if you have high blood pressure) or 1⁄4 cup dried licorice, chopped (do not use if you have high blood pressure)
- 1 tablespoon ginseng roots, ground
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spread chopped roots on large ungreased baking pan. Bake, stirring after 20 minutes, for 45 minutes or until roots are golden.
- Reduce heat to 200 degrees F and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush cinnamon stick in food processor or blender.
- In a bowl, combine roots, cinnamon, licorice and ginseng. Transfer to an airtight jar for storage. Roots must be very dry before storage.
- Grind a small amount and use 1 tbsp for every 1 cup water.