Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My neighbor was telling me how much he enjoyed this burger from Taco Bell in the eighties. I found this on grouprecipes.com. I plan to make this as a surprise for him on his birthday. I plan to serve these with french fries.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning (or your own recipe)
- 4 hamburger buns
- taco bell taco sauce
- diced tomato (1 medium tomato)
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced onion (1 small onion)
- sour cream
- Brown ground beef; drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning, preparing according to package directions.
- Scoop some taco meat onto a bun.
- Top with taco sauce, diced tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, onions and sour cream.
- Cover with top bun.
I had these back in the 70's but not from Taco Bell. A local SoCal taco stand made these with red chile (enchilada) sauce smeared on top and bottom bun. Three slices of dill pickles were placed on the bottom bun. Add taco meat. Add shredded colby cheese on top of meat. Close bun and heat in microwave for 20 seconds. Enjoy !
Back in the late 60's there used to a place called Taco Box that served a Mexi-Burger. Sadly Taco Box was taken over by Taco Bell, who made the Bell Burger. The Mexi-Burger was far superior to the Bell Burger, although I wouldn't mind a couple of them right now, lol!