Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on chicken. Recipe from El Cholo Restaurant in Los Angeles.
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons new mexico chile powder
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger powder (optional)
- 3 teaspoons ground oregano (I use Mexican)
- Combine well and store in a tightly sealed container.
- I rub my cut-up raw chicken with this and then cook it with sliced tomatoes, onions and peppers (as much or little as you want). I season the vegetables with this same seasoning too. Some lime juice squeezed over the top and into the warmed flour tortillas it goes!
Why do I like homemade fajitas and tacos so much better than their restaurant counterparts? The seasoning just might have something to do with it! I made 1/4 of the recipe, and substituted dried Ancho powder for the New Mexico chile powder. I also didn't add any additional salt, since the seasoned salt made it salty enough. This tasted a little harsh when raw, but mellowed out when added to the dish. I'm not buying any more commercial seasoning! Thanks for posting. Made for the Lively Lemon Lovelies, ZWT8.
I made this for World tour 8 and I tasted it and even cutting into 1/3 portion the taste was nice. Looking forward to using it. Thanks for posting I prefer to have homemade seasonings than store bought.