Recipe by mariposa13
I found this recipe from the internet site - Mexican Hot... Or Not! This recipe is by Karen Hursh Graber. I made this at home and it is very good and easy to make!
Top Review by mommyoffour
Loved this marinade. I made these last night for dinner and we all loved it. My 4 yr old nephew said they were the best "tacos" hes ever had! LOL I will continue to use your recipe, we love fajitas and this has a flavorful marinade that makes the dish. Thank you for sharing.
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from real limes)
- 1 large white onion, sliced into thin crescents (half rings)
- 3 green bell peppers or 3 assorted color bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak into pieces that will fit on your grill, or into your grill pan or skillet.
- Place the pieces of meat into a non-reactive bowl.
- Mix the garlic, lime juice, cumin, tequila, salt, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- Pour over the meat and marinade for 2 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and grill over hot coals or in a grill pan or skillet over med-high heat.
- Do not allow meat to dry by overcooking.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil and sautee peppers and onions over med-high heat until they are crisp/tender.
- Cut the grilled meat into strips and serve with pepper and onion mixture.
- Serve with warm flour or corn tortillas.
- Can also serve with optional sides: sour cream, avocados, guacamole, salsa, cheese, lettuce, etc.