1/1 Photo of Fajita Turkey Burgers
From Cooking Light magazine. You can use the pre-chopped onion and peppers if you like, to make this quicker. Garnish these burgers with your favorite toppings....tomatoes, lettuce, onion, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons avocados, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1Combine the tomatillo salsa, avocado, and cilantro in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Place bread slices in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and spray with nonstick spray.
- 4Add onion and bell peppers; sauté for 5 min or until tender.
- 5Stir in 1/2 tsp fajita seasoning and 1/8 tsp salt. Cool.
- 6Combine breadcrumbs, onion mixture, remaining 1 1/2 tsp fajita seasoning, remaining 1/8 tsp salt, tomato paste, turkey, and egg white in a large bowl.
- 7Using damp hands, divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch thick patty.
- 8Heat pan over medium heat and recoat with nonstick spray.
- 9Add patties and cook for 4 min on each side or until done.
- 10Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun, top with 1 1/2 tbsp of the salsa mixture and top half of the bun.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fajita Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 520.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix