Prep 6 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I am posting this recipe so that I don't lose it. Sounds wonderful. I will revise this when I have actually made it. Prep time is marinade time.
- 4 (1/2 lb) boneless beef top sirloin steaks (2 lbs)
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jarsweet roasted red peppers, minced
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Place in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl stir together lime juice, oil, the 2 cloves garlic and cinnamon.
- Pour over meat; close bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator up to 6 hours.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan stir together sweet peppers, honey, mustard, and the 3 garlic cloves.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced to 3/4 cup.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Drain meat.
- Discard marinade.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place steaks on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat to desired doneness, turning meat over once and brushing several times with glaze during last half of broiling.
- For 1-inch thick steaks, allow 15-17 minutes for medium rare (145°F) and 20-22 minutes for medium (160°F).
We made this using cubed steak without the red peppers and it was fantastic. Kind of a sticky glaze when it was done. It cooked a lot faster then reccommended so be watchful!