Recipe by Kirstin in the Couv
I made this one up one night while digging through the refrigerator for dinner. Everyone I've ever made it for just raves about it! One of my all time favorite dishes.
Top Review by kitchenslave03
Used three chicken breasts, one red pepper, one sweet onion, and 1/2 c water instead of 1/4 c. I served it with costa rican style beans and rice and cubed avacado topped with lime. Fresh cilantro on top was divine. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked rice
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken breast into chunks.
- Fry chicken quickly until almost cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Cook peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Put chicken back in pan with peppers.
- Add fajita seasoning and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Put mixture over rice and top with grated cheese.