Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this one up one night while digging through the refrigerator for dinner. Everyone I've ever made it for just raves about it! One of my all time favorite dishes.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked rice
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Chop chicken breast into chunks.
- Fry chicken quickly until almost cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Cook peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Put chicken back in pan with peppers.
- Add fajita seasoning and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Put mixture over rice and top with grated cheese.
Used three chicken breasts, one red pepper, one sweet onion, and 1/2 c water instead of 1/4 c. I served it with costa rican style beans and rice and cubed avacado topped with lime. Fresh cilantro on top was divine. Thanks for posting.
Very easy to throw together on a night you need something fast but still want something low in calories and delicious!
Very good. I added some chopped onion.