Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This absolutely can please a hungry family on a hectic weeknight.
Make and share this Fajita-Style Chicken Tenders With Corn and Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix (many good recipes on food.com)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- lime wedge, for serving (don't leave this out)
- tortilla chips or flour tortilla, for serving
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once, 3 minutes or until lightly colored. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning mix and 2 tablespoons water; toss over medium heat 1 minute until coated and chicken is cooked through.
- While tenders cook, combine beans, corn and salsa in a medium saucepan or microwave dish. Heat until hot. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Serve along with tenders topped with cheese, a squirt of lime and tortilla chips or warm flour tortillas.