Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good recipe to make your own seasoning for fajitas.
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour into small glass or plastic container, seal tightly and store in a cool, dry place.
- Thanks for your reviews and suggestions to correct this recipe.
If zero star were available... These is supposed to be spices mixed together... Sorry Cornstarch along with sugar are the signs of a bad cook.... or someone who is not sure about the ingredients.
Great blend of seasonings. I omitted the corn starch and used cumin. Applied to strip steaks (cooked sous vide style) then finished off on the grill for fajitas & tacos. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting Pinkie!
I'm always on the look-out for home-made substitutes for commercial products and this is an amazing recipe!! I made skillet chicken fajitas and they were simply delicious! I used the cumin and also added a bit of caramel color powder (available from King Arthur Flour) to "darken" it a little bit. I didn't have the chicken flavoring, so used about 1/2 cup of chicken broth for the liquid when I added the spice mix at the end. We used the reheated left-overs in a green salad with Mexican cheese and Miss Annie's clone Kraft Catalina dressing and it was superb! Pinky Kookie, thanks for the recipe! It's a winner and I will be using it for years to come!