Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is out of "The Once-a-week Cookbook".
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 2 crookneck yellow squash, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup sauteed chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup lime yogurt
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Over medium heat, stir olive oil, fajita seasoning mix, squash, onion, black beans, and mushrooms in a large skillet. When the squash is tender, add the roasted red peppers and immediately remove from the heat.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and place in a large bowl. Add the vegetable mixture, soul cream, and lime yogurt. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add the goat cheese and refrigerate for 30 minutes, then freeze into 4 portions.
- When ready, thaw in refrigerator, stir over medium heat in a saucepan until heated through. Serve hot over salad greens. Also good served cold.