Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for summer salad recipe from Cooking Light
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- cooking spray
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄3 cups thinly sliced green pepper rings
- 1 cup sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients for Cilantro-Lime sauce, and stir well with a whisk. Cover sauce, and chill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients olive oil to black pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add chicken mixture; sauté 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce and next 6 ingredients (lettuce through tomato) among 4 bowls; top with chicken mixture. Serve with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce.
My neighbor made fajitas last night using a different recipe, and used the leftovers to make a fajita salad today. She made this Cilantro Lime Sauce to go with her salad, and it is FABULOUS! Just loved it, definitely a keeper! I think I like it more than just the fajitas the first time around!
Loved this salad! I've made it twice and have now shortened the prep process by using packaged precooked Southwest Chicken. (This is a huge timesaver and eliminates all of the ingredients above the romaine) Did not shred the salad either, as we liked it better simply placed in the bowl as in a regular salad. Placed all the ingredients on top of the lettuce, added dressing, and tossed. I had extra dressing left over to use on another night with salad or over grilled chicken breasts. Easy and wonderful! Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe!