Recipe by AZRT
Great for summer salad recipe from Cooking Light
Top Review by Cook4_6
My neighbor made fajitas last night using a different recipe, and used the leftovers to make a fajita salad today. She made this Cilantro Lime Sauce to go with her salad, and it is FABULOUS! Just loved it, definitely a keeper! I think I like it more than just the fajitas the first time around!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- cooking spray
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄3 cups thinly sliced green pepper rings
- 1 cup sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for Cilantro-Lime sauce, and stir well with a whisk. Cover sauce, and chill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients olive oil to black pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add chicken mixture; sauté 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce and next 6 ingredients (lettuce through tomato) among 4 bowls; top with chicken mixture. Serve with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce.