1/4 Photos of Fajita Salad
1 hr 6 mins
This makes a beautiful layered Fajita Salad. Arrange the ingredients in a glass bowl - to show off the tiers. Very simple yet elegant. From Cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
For the Flank Steak
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (for searing)
For The Salad
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed romaine lettuce or 1 (10 ounce) bag letttuce salad greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup corn chips, coarsely crumbled
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained,rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1/4 cup scallion, sliced
Garnish for Salad
- 1Combine ingredients for dressing in a small bowl.
- 2Remove 1/4 cup for marinating flank steak; set aside.
- 3Marinate steak in 1/4 cup dressing for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 4Chill if marinating the steak longer than 30 minutes, otherwise it may be marinated at room temperature.
- 5Prepare ingredients for salad, keeping components separate.
- 6Heat oil for searing the steak in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- 7Remove steak from marinade (discard the excess); season with salt and pepper.
- 8Sear steak on both sides until medium-rare, 3-4 minutes per side.
- 9Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice steak against the grain with a sharp knife.
- 10To assemble, layer half the greens in a deep glass bowl (a 12-cup trifle bowl is perfect).
- 11On the lettuce, layer half of each of the tomatoes, cheese, chips, beans, cilantro, scallions, and steak slices.
- 12Drizzle with half the dressing, then layer the rest of the ingredients.
- 13Pile the other half of the steak slices in the center, and drizzle remaining dressing on top.
- 14Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and serve.
- 15Makes about 10 cups.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fajita Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 166.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo