Recipe by internetnut
A cinch with jarred taco sauce! Transform a thrifty roast into a South-Of-The-Border sensation with onions and peppers cooked in a zesty blend of taco sauce and fajita seasoning mix! I found this recipe in Woman's World magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good but not as flavorful as I tought it would be. Next time I would shred the beef and let it sit in the juice before serving. I followed the recipe exactly as written cooking three hours.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dry fajita seasoning mix
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef, bottom round or 3 1⁄2 lbs rump roast
- 3 red peppers (1 1/2 pounds) or 3 green peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch wide slices (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lb onion, cut into 6 wedges (4 onions)
- 16 ounces mild taco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- flour tortilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Rub 1 tablespoon seasoning mix over all sides of meat. Place in center of large roasting pan. Place peppers and onions around meat.
- Whisk together taco sauce, 1/2 cup water, flour and remaining fajita seasoning until smooth; pour over meat and vegetables. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast meat until tender, about 3 hours. Transfer meat and vegetables to serving platter. Over two burners set on medium-high heat, bring pan juices to boil; cook, whisking, until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve pan juices with beef and vegetables. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with tortillas.