Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was kind of an accident. I was going to make fajitas with the jerky beef but I started making pepper-steak stirfry. I seasoned for stirfry then said oops I'll just spice it up for the fajitas. When my husband tasted it he really liked it and didn't want to put it in fajitas after all so we had it over brown rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bottom round steaks
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- coat skillet or wok with olive oil (I use Crisco's olive oil spray)
- Thinly slice bottom round into strips (I just buy it already sliced for beef jerky) and season with all spices.
- Heat skillet to med-high and fry beef strips until tender. Add vegetables and stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- Serve over rice. (I use brown).
Today is stir fry. Tomorrow will be stir crazy.
Very tasty! I did not have any bell peppers on hand, so I used extra onions (I guess that would make it Fajita Onion Steak for me, then). I used tenderized bottom round steaks and added about 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper in with the other seasonings. This was very good! I served over white rice with a side of roasted asparagus. My husband and I both loved it, thank you!
Round steaks were on sale and afforded me an opportunity to have steak. Wanted something that was very easy and used my abundant supply of peppers. I loved the flavors used to season the meat and could envision using it in other dishes. I added double the stated amount of peppers as a matter of personal taste. Thanks! Made for Photo Tag - Share the Love - February 2009.