Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe by Robbie Rice for copycat recipes. I made this with skirt steak today and it was delicious!!!
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (not optional really needed for the flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together the lime juice, water, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, and liquid smoke flavoring. Stir in cayenne and black pepper.
- Place desired meat in the marinade, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight. Cook as desired.
I used this marinade to marinate beef tournedos. I had to try it because of the liquid smoke flavoring. We all liked it. The tournedos were at least 2 hours in the marinade. The meat was tender and tasted very good. I'll do it again often :) Thanks Diner :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
Let's see...I survived two meals of Mexican food, the sun is still shining and I'm still married. Ummmm, it's been a very good day!