Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I searched thru many marinades. They were either too sweet or not hot enough for my taste. I have not tried this with Beef as I do not eat red meat. It is a staple chicken dish and in the summer we grill pork.All measurements are approx. use little or morer of whatever to make it your own
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (fresh is better but doesnt make huge diffirence.)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup beer (I drink corona, I have found strong beers do not work well)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1 -2 garlic clove, Minced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced and partically seeded (depending on heat desired) or 6 -8 slices pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika (I use Hot)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all Ingredients, Add Chicken or Pork and Marinate 24 hours turning often.
- Drain Marinde, saving some of the onions for cooking.
- Grill or saute serve with peppers, onions and cheese on a tortilla.
I like this marinate and have made it four or five times with pork. I had to cut back by half on the jalapenos because it was too hot. And I like it really hot. Thanks for posting it.
Too Sweet, not enough fajita flavor