Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Found this on bhg.com and the publisher was "maggiea". DS is addicted to A1 steak sauce, so we wanted fajitas last night and this marinade was very tasty. If you like saucy fajita meat, then this is for you. Prep time is the 2 hour marinade time.
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons oil (any type works)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Marinade 1 1/2lbs Beef or Chicken for at least 2 hours.
- Cook as desired on outside grill, stovetop saute pan, or you can even cook them on the George Foreman grill.
Made this yesterday, it taste fantastic. Received all kinds of compliments from my husband. The things I did differently was I omitted the salt and put a 1/4 cup of onions in instead, I used 1 lb of cubed beef and cut it into 1" slices just to save me the headache of having to cut up the beef after it was already cooked. Since I cooked this inside in a wok, I also added 1/4 tsp of smoked pripika, and a cap of smoke. Served this with flour tortilla's and Brazilian rice.
YIPE. This looks good but I agree about the saltiness. I have learned, when using prepared mixtures, like a-1 sauce to omit salt and sugar until I've added all the other ingredients and tasted it. If possible, I heat it and let the flavors mingle a while before I add salt and sugar.
I have made this four times and I absolutely love it, my only complaint is the saltiness,i use a teaspoon instead.