Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Found this on bhg.com and the publisher was "maggiea". DS is addicted to A1 steak sauce, so we wanted fajitas last night and this marinade was very tasty. If you like saucy fajita meat, then this is for you. Prep time is the 2 hour marinade time.
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons oil (any type works)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Marinade 1 1/2lbs Beef or Chicken for at least 2 hours.
- Cook as desired on outside grill, stovetop saute pan, or you can even cook them on the George Foreman grill.
YIPE. This looks good but I agree about the saltiness. I have learned, when using prepared mixtures, like a-1 sauce to omit salt and sugar until I've added all the other ingredients and tasted it. If possible, I heat it and let the flavors mingle a while before I add salt and sugar.
I have made this four times and I absolutely love it, my only complaint is the saltiness,i use a teaspoon instead.
This was easy and good but was missing the "zip" I expect in fajitas. If I make it again, I would add a lot more lemon juice, or maybe some lime juice. Would probably work well as an all-purpose steak marinade.