Recipe by CDawnPayne
I came up with this by using the Garlic Flatbread recipe by Chris from Kansas, and changing/adding a few things. It is a flatbread pizza fajita style. This was a hit with the kids and the husband! This could be used for an appetizer and cut up smaller and served. Serves 4
- 1 cup water (70-80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Ingredients for toppings
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef
- 1 fajita seasoning mix, packet
- olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 12 -16 pearl red onions, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by preparing your meat. Put your thinly sliced beef into a gallon size baggie with your fajita seasoning packet and 2 oz. olive oil. Put in fridge for the afternoon, or as long as you can before you cook.
- Start out by adding the flatbread ingredients in order into the Bread machine. Select the dough function and wait until it completes.
- While your dough is in the bread machine, it is a good time to prepare your vegetables. Thinly slice your bell pepper, and onions. Put aside.
- Then take the dough out onto a floured surface. Roll out into a large square or into a 14 inches circle. Then cut into 4 separate pieces. Put each piece onto a baking sheet. I put two on one. Then cover with a towel in a warm spot for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Then take the end of a wooden spoon and put divets into each flatbread. Bake at 400 degrees for 15- 20 minute.
- During the baking of the flatbread, saute your bell peppers, onions and mushrooms in 2 tbsp of olive oil on med. heat. Set aside in serving dish.
- Now get your meat out of the fridge and saute it in the same pan as the veggies on med heat until no longer pink. Set aside into serving dish.
- Put your mozzarella cheese into a serving dish as well as your warmed pizza sauce.
- Serve by starting with everyone having their own flatbread on the plate, then simply make your own pizza. Using the bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, fajita Beef and topping it all off with mozzarella Cheese.