Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with cooked rice and red beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1⁄2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350*.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, peppers and onion; cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from heat; drain.
- Stir in chiles, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish, evenly spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Spoon about 1/2 chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tortillas. Place each seam side down on enchilada sauce in baking dish, arranging in 2 rows.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.