1/2 Photos of Fajita Chilaquiles Casserole
Shelby Jo's Note:
A Rachael Ray recipe that sounded too good not to post!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into thin strips
- cooking spray
- 14.79 ml onion powder (a palmful)
- 14.79 ml garlic powder (a palmful)
- 14.79 ml ground cumin (a palmful)
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 14.79 ml chili powder (a palmful)
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts or 907.18 g boneless pork chops or 907.18 g sirloin steaks
- 59.16 ml oil, divided
- 340.19 g bottle lager beer
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro or 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- sour cream, to garnish
- salsa, to garnish
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- 2On a baking sheet, toss tortilla strips with some cooking spray and bake in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Toss halfway through the cooking time so they get brown on all sides.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss your meat of choice with the spice mixture and reserve.
- 4Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the meat to the pan and sear until golden brown and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Add the bottle of beer to the pan and cook to reduce, 3-4 minutes.
- 5While the meat is cooking, place a second large skillet over high heat with 2 turns of the pan of oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the peppers, onions and garlic to the pan, and cook until brown around the edges and tender, 3-4 minutes. Add the zest and juice of 1 lime, chopped herbs, salt and pepper to the pan, toss to combine and reserve.
- 6When everything is ready, toss the meat, pepper and onions, and toasted tortilla strips together into a casserole dish. Top with the cheese and melt under the broiler. Garnish with juice of remaining lime, sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fajita Chilaquiles Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.2
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 170.4 mg
- Sodium 843.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 63.1 g