Recipe by le squee wow
This is an adaptation of a soup served at a sports bar where I used to work, in a batch of more manageable (read: non-restaurant) size. You can serve it with tortilla chips. The measurements on seasonings and chopped veggies are approximate--customize to suit your tastes!
Top Review by stanzacp
I cooked this using leftover fajitas so I omittedthe seasoning mix, onions and green peppers. I also omitted the cayenne because of personal preference. I added one can of rotel tomatoes. My family really enjoyed it. It made me think more of a dip than a soup. Thanks.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons oleo
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice and cook chicken breasts in a little oil, seasoning as desired. (I like a little fajita seasoning on them.) When no longer pink, set aside.
- Combine cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, flour, and butter/oleo in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Whisk until no longer lumpy.
- Add cooked chicken and remaining ingredients. Heat until bubbly and cheese is melted, then reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 15 minutes, stirring often.