Recipe by McCormick Kitchens
Go beyond the basic burgers at your next cookout. For fajita-style burgers, first season the meat with Fajita Seasoning Mix then top the burgers with sautéed onion and bell pepper.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package McCormick® Fajitas Seasoning Mix
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside. Mix ground beef and Seasoning Mix in large bowl until well blended. Shape into 6 patties.
- Grill, broil or cook in nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F).
- Serve burgers on rolls topped with onion and bell pepper mixture. Serve with desired toppings.