Recipe by KaraRN
Recipe from Pillsbury classic cookbooks June 2000. This would also be good with chicken instead of the beef.
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (1 lb) packagestir-fry frozen peppers and onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces cooked beef, cut into bite sized pieces (1/2 inch thick from deli)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine water, lime juice, flour, cumin, chili powder and salt; mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat oil in 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion stir-fry and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add beef; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until heated. Add flour mixture; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Add cooked noodles to mixture in skillet; toss gently to coat.