1/1 Photo of Fairy Drops
This is from BH&G Christmas Cookies magazine from 1999. I have yet to try it, but I have marked it every year. Maybe 2007 fill be the year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium for 30 seconds.
- 2Add granulated sugar, powdered sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- 3Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 4Beat in oil and eggs and extract until combined.
- 5Beat in as much of the flour as as you can.
- 6Stir in remaining flour by hand.
- 7cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 8Scoop dough into rounded spoonfuls.
- 9Roll into balls.
- 10Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 11With bottom of a glass or a cookie stamp, gently flatten until about 1/4 inch thick.
- 12Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- 13Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- 14Transfer to racks to cool completely.
- 15Prep time does not include chilling time.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fairy Drops
Serving Size: 1 (1446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 64.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g