Recipe by Marney
These little mini cupcakes are a favorite of my twins, it makes a small batch and you can flavor them any way you want. I like using the extracts at a local baking supply store that I found but vanilla and citrus zest work equally well. The icing recipe provided is good but buttercream frosting works great too.
- 1 egg
- 7 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Small paper cups and a cookie sheet needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugar together and add the egg and flour, mix till creamy and smooth. Divide among paper cups, fill about 1/2 full (usually makes between 12-16 for me).
- Bake for about 10 minutes, remove and let cool.
- You can flavor any way you like, we use vanilla extract or orange or lemon zest usually.
- Optional icing.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- about 1 Tbsp warm water.
- food coloring of choice and sprinkles of choice.
- Mix well and dput about 1 tsp on each cake, spread with the back of a spoon top with sprinkles.