My best friend made these for my bridal shower and they were really great! The best part was decorating them, they were the most beautiful "cupcakes" I'd ever seen. the recipe is from the cookbook "How To Be a Domestic Goddess" by Nigella Lawson.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- Put all the ingredients except for the milk into a food processor and blend until smooth. Pulse while adding the milk down the funnel to make for a soft consistency.
- It doesn't seem like enough, but you can get enough into each baking cup, just scrape it all out and try to fill each one equally.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden on top.
- Cool on a wire rack, but remove from the tin as soon as possible.
- Before you decorate, slice off any mounded tops so you have a flat surface to decorate. Icing: Mix the sugar, egg white and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth and creamy, it should have the consistency of heavy cream I always break the batch into smaller batches so I can have different colors When my girlfriend made these for my shower, she frosted them with a bright pink icing, sprinkled them with iridescent edible glitter and topped it with an edible (gum paste) rosebud.
- Very very cute!
- In the cookbook they show them topped with rosebuds and little sugared daisies and fresh berries and they even made a spiderweb with black and white icing.
- Use your imagination, the flat tops give lots of room to be creative!