1/2 Photos of Fairy Cakes
Miss Erin's Note:
My best friend made these for my bridal shower and they were really great! The best part was decorating them, they were the most beautiful "cupcakes" I'd ever seen. the recipe is from the cookbook "How To Be a Domestic Goddess" by Nigella Lawson.
My Private Note
Fairy C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup self-rising cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- 3Put all the ingredients except for the milk into a food processor and blend until smooth. Pulse while adding the milk down the funnel to make for a soft consistency.
- 4It doesn't seem like enough, but you can get enough into each baking cup, just scrape it all out and try to fill each one equally.
- 5Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden on top.
- 6Cool on a wire rack, but remove from the tin as soon as possible.
- 7Before you decorate, slice off any mounded tops so you have a flat surface to decorate. Icing: Mix the sugar, egg white and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth and creamy, it should have the consistency of heavy cream I always break the batch into smaller batches so I can have different colors When my girlfriend made these for my shower, she frosted them with a bright pink icing, sprinkled them with iridescent edible glitter and topped it with an edible (gum paste) rosebud.
- 8Very very cute!
- 9In the cookbook they show them topped with rosebuds and little sugared daisies and fresh berries and they even made a spiderweb with black and white icing.
- 10Use your imagination, the flat tops give lots of room to be creative!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fairy Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 117.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g