Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This treat is popular at children's parties here in Australia. (Servings and Yield depend on how many slices of bread you use.)
- 8 -10 slices white bread, trimmed of crust
- butter or margarine
- candy sprinkles (hundreds and thousands)
- Spread slices of bread with butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle with candy sprinkles.
- Cut into triangles.
- Arrange on serving plate.
My very favorite party food, I still make it and I'm 24. To be the most truly delcious fairy bread it *has* to be made with real butter and very fresh white bread. It looks pretty, kids love it, I love it - you should try it. Good one Martha, I had no idea that this wasn't a party staple world wide. If you want these a bit fancier cut the bread out with cookie cutters after you butter it.
This is a darling recipe! My young daughter had great fun preparing this. It is very pretty and is an easy kid pleaser. I used butter and would also try cream cheese for variety. I like that this provides a kid that candy shop eye appeal, but without all the sugar of a cupcake or a donut.
Butter is made with cream..so
- Whipped cream and brioche instead of butter and bread with a dusting of icing sugar. Yum!