4 hrs 25 mins
Rose's Granddaughter's Note:
The secret is pumpkin. Yes, you heard that right, sweet delicious pureed pumpkin! This is a great recipe to cook if you have finicky eaters that don't want to eat healthy. I created this for my husband who actually happens to love pumpkin. Great for cooking in a crockpot and leaving for 8-10 hours to cook. Easy, healthy and rich in nutrients. Great novelty item to serve at Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1Mix tomatoes, pumpkin and butter in bottom of crockpot. Turn crockpot onto low with lid off.
- 2Mix the remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl and form large 1-2 inch meatballs.
- 3After forming each meatball, place on top of sauce in crockpot. Will eventually have a pyramid of meatballs.
- 4Cover crockpot and leave to cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- 5I like to drain a little of the fat after 3 hours of cooking.
- 6Serve over your favorite pasta or rice mix. Thick enough to serve alone as main course.
- 7Feel free to try different variations of your favorite herbs such as Italian seasoning, etc. The flavor from the meatballs will seep into the sauce.
- 8Thick enough to make meatball sandwiches.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fairwell Family Secret Meatball Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 105.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 22.4 g