Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in one of my church cookbooks. Any farm wife or busy mom will appreciate this one. It can be cut down.
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Mix all ingredients well and transfer into a well greased or pammed shallow baking pan (I use a cake pan). Sprinkle on topping evenly.
- Bake at 350°F 60-90 minutes (depending on if you use a shallow or deep pan).
- This recipe will serve 10-12 people it can be made ahead and frozen in pan.
- I have used this many times for brunches I have hosted a real time saver.
Yum, yum! I made this with cream of celery soup and shredded hash browns. I don't think it matters whether the potatoes are shredded or cubed. I didn't have corn flakes for the topping, so I just put on crushed potatoe chips (no butter.) They were heavenly! I think I'll probably use the potatoe chips in the future, they just sounded better to me anyway. This is a keeper!
I made these last week but forgot (until I had the golden califlower! yummy!) to post review, sorry! I did not know what kind of hash browns to use, shredded cubed (I assumed not the patties!) so I found the one that was in a 2 lb bag, they were cubed. This was very popular with my son. DH loved it too. This is a keeper! Good post!