Recipe by dixieroad
I found this recipe in one of my church cookbooks. Any farm wife or busy mom will appreciate this one. It can be cut down.
Top Review by Cook In Southwest
Yum, yum! I made this with cream of celery soup and shredded hash browns. I don't think it matters whether the potatoes are shredded or cubed. I didn't have corn flakes for the topping, so I just put on crushed potatoe chips (no butter.) They were heavenly! I think I'll probably use the potatoe chips in the future, they just sounded better to me anyway. This is a keeper!
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well and transfer into a well greased or pammed shallow baking pan (I use a cake pan). Sprinkle on topping evenly.
- Bake at 350°F 60-90 minutes (depending on if you use a shallow or deep pan).
- This recipe will serve 10-12 people it can be made ahead and frozen in pan.
- I have used this many times for brunches I have hosted a real time saver.