Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A treat that is surely to win the hearts of your family. It is a recipe used at State Fairs. It will bring back memories of your youth :)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat together eggs and sugar. Add milk slowly and beat. Add all dry ingredients, beat until smooth. Pour batter in a funnel--hold the hole closed w/ your finger. Next, remove finger and create designs while pouring it into the hot oil. BE VERY CAREFUL! (2 inches of oil). Turn onto.
- other side until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle w/ powdered sugar. We also like to add cinnamon as well.
- PS -- I highly recommend you make a double batch!
Our State Fair will be here in a couple of weeks and we always get funnel cakes. I have never tried making them but have always wanted to. These turned out great. The batter was easy to mix together. The kids had fun watching me use the funnel to pour out the batter. They fried golden crisp and tasted great. We sprinkled ours with powdered sugar. Thanks for sharing this.
Love it, I cooked funnel cakes in High School for a grade in HomeEc Class, we passed if we dropped the batter in the hot oil and if it didn't smoke. I lost my recipe, but am thankful 2 find this one. Yummmmmyyy.
Easy to make- and delicious.