Recipe by Marie
This makes two loaves of long baguette type French bread that has wonderful flavor and is so easy to make!
Top Review by Lieutenant Ducky
This bread is the BEST! The flavor is perfectly balanced, just the right amount of salt, and the crust especially is amazing- slightly crisp, but not in the least bit heavy... I made the bread as instructed. Some people might find it helpful to know that 1/4 ounce package is equal to 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast (I buy my bread machine yeast in bulk). Thanks so much for a great recipe ; )
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- Start machine on dough setting.
- When dough cycle is complete, remove dough with floured hands and cut in half on floured surface.
- Take each half of dough and roll to make a loaf about 12 inches long in the shape of French bread.
- Place on greased baking sheet and cover with a towel.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, turning pan around once halfway during baking.
- Remove baked loaves to wire racks to cool.