Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Submitted in response to a recipe request. Hag Pesach Sameach!
- 4 matzos
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak matzas in cold water 5 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze dry.
- Heat shortening or oil.
- Add matzas and heat until dry in the same pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pat mixture over bottom of pie plate about 1/4 inch thick.
- Fill with desired fruit filling.
- Bake in moderate oven[350 degrees] about 30 minutes.
- Yields 2 open-faced pie crusts.
This was real easy to put together, and very unusual since I never used matzah's as part of the pie crust. But it worked. For each pie I used one strawberry pie filling, and one raspberry pie filling.